Seeking energetic instructor to teach HIIT aqua and a shallow/deep combination class. Tuesday & Thursday 5:30-6:30pm and weekday morning sub shifts. Instructors are paid 15 minutes for set up/clean up time for a total of 1.25 hours per class. Requires excellent customer service and communication skills. All final candidates must consent to a criminal background check.
Duties and Responsibilities
The listed examples of work are not intended to be all-inclusive. They establish a flexible, functional base from which the person operates. They may also be modified with additions; deletions or changes required obtaining organizational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates safe and effective water fitness exercises for both general and special populations
- Performs exercises for all major muscle groups
- Adapts intensity and exercises to meet the needs of participants
- Works in an upbeat and positive environment using innovative ideas to assist participants in achieving their personal fitness goals
- Provides customer service to guests using our facility and/or enrolled in our programs
- Attends and assists with scheduled In-Service trainings/staff meetings
- Records daily, weekly, monthly logs as required
- Promotes the Water Fitness program and recruits new participants
Education and Experience
Successful candidates will be at least 18 years old with a minimum of 6 months of teaching experience and/or participation in a water fitness program. Current CPR/AED certification or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
AEA/APAI/WSI or other nationally recognized certifications will be considered. A combination of education and/ or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for excellent job performance will be considered.
Positive attitude; innovative and creative; flexible and versatile; able to work well in a team oriented, fast paced, changing environment; strong human relations and communication skills; quality and customer service oriented; forward focus and highly motivated.