The Housekeeper II performs a variety of heavy cleaning duties such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing trash to maintain assigned floors in an orderly, sanitary and attractive condition for patients, personnel and visitors. Housekeeper II may also be assigned to clean snow or debris from Institute grounds and notify management of the need for major repairs.
The Housekeeper II consistently demonstrates support of the RIC statement of Mission and Philosophy by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Housekeeper II demonstrates RIC Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and RIC Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
* Performs general housekeeping responsibilities such as moping, dusting, vacuuming, carpet shampooing and other related duties.
* Strips, buffs and applies wax to floors in designated areas on a routine basis.
* Picks up trash from several floors and transports to designated location outside building; cleans waste receptacles.
* Cleans and/or chemically disinfects walls, ceilings, windows, radiators and blinds in patient rooms, hallways and other areas.
* Replaces cubicles and curtains; sets up and removes orthopedic frames.
* Sets up required meeting and functional rooms.
* Maintains outside grounds during summer months and may operate snow plow tractor for snow removal during winter months.
* Reports to Supervisor, Building and Environmental Services.
* Work requires a fundamental level of knowledge such as the ability to follow oral or written instructions and perform simple arithmetic.
* Knowledge of recurrent work routines and procedures, operation of non-complex equipment normally acquired during a week or less orientation on the job.
* Work requires the ability to move and transport objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
* May have some contact with patients depending on work area and should have appropriate interpersonal skills
* Normal patient care and office environment with exposure to dust, noise, offensive odors and fumes.
* Occasional exposure to infectious disease when cleaning patient rooms.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Grade- 03